04 June 2006

Just finished reading....

Music to My Sorrow by Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edghill.

I know, I said I was going to read Catsitter next, but I was at work and needed something to read during my break, and picked up the above title.

It's the latest in the Bedlam's Bard series, about Eric Banyon and his friends. In this installment, Eric is trying to gain guardianship of his recently found brother Magnus, but their parents are putting up a fight. In a parallel story, Magnus' friend Ace is trying to become an emancipated minor, because her father, televangelist Billy Fairchild used her Talent to influence people to donate money to his "ministry".

What none of them knows is that Eric's parents have allied themselves with Fairchild, who is, in turn, being used by a Prince from the Unseleighe Court. This Prince, as well as loathing all humans, is trying to get revenge against Eric, whom he thinks has kidnapped his son.

Lots of variations on strained/dysfunctional familial relationships here. It's a very good read, though.

Caution: this is one series that has to be read from the beginning to be understood and appreciated.

Next up (really): Curiosity Killed the Cat Sitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...