24 June 2006

Just finished reading....

Making It Up as I Go Along by Tara Heavey.

Picked this up in a bookstore in Kilkenny, because I really wanted to read something current and popular and Irish.
Set in Dublin in the present day, this is the story of Liz Clancy, a bookseller who also happens to be the author of two published novels. She has been raised by her mother, since her father was killed when she was a babe. Her mother has nothing good at all to say about him. Liz is having an affair with the owner of the bookstore, and thinking they have a future, she is devastated when he breaks it off because his wife is pregnant.

Oops, gotta go... the place is closing. Just want to add that this is a great book, I finished it in two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...