18 September 2006

Hollywood Bowl - Fireworks Finale

Last night was our final Hollywood Bowl concert of the season. I was a little bit sad, because I love the picnics before the concerts, as well as the concerts themselves, which are so much more relaxed and casual than the ones at Disney Hall. Not to say I don't enjoy the Phil concerts at Disney, I really do, and I love the fancy dinners we usually have prior to those.

Last night was also John Mauceri's final concert as director of the Bowl orchestra. It was pretty nostalgic. He talked about when he'd first come to LA, and learning to drive out here (which I totally empathize with!). He got lots of standing ovations, and someone in the crowd even yelled "I love you, John".

What was really cool about the concert was the special guests. Or at least one of them. Not to say that the Joffrey Ballet and Kermit and MIss Piggy weren't cool, but Kristen Chenoweth was there. And wow! what a voice! That squeaky little speaking voice from Anabeth on The West Wing, is nothing like her singing voice, which is huge! Tod and I were hoping she might do something from Wicked, but she didn't.

All in all, though, it was a great show. It was funny to see Piggy and Kermit doing "I Got You, Babe",
and the fireworks were spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...