21 September 2006

Just finished reading...

End in Tears by Ruth Rendell

I'm so glad I'm on DorothyL. I wouldn't have known about this latest Inspector Wexford book if someone hadn't mentioned it there. Like all of the Wexford novels, it's a page-turner. I stayed up way too late reading this story of a teenage girl who is murdered on her way home from clubbing.

Lots of red herrings here: was she killed by a jealous girlfriend? was she blackmailing someone?

Just when Wexford and Burden are sure they've discovered the motive and the killer, another teenaged girl's body turns up, and it seems she was a friend of the first victim.

It's hard to review this book without giving too much away, but suffice it to say that the mystery is solved, and the killer's identity is a real surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...