27 May 2007

Saturday at the Faire

Yesterday, after lounging in bed for quite a while, and then having a huge breakfast out on the patio, Tod and I both played gardener for a bit. As he puts it, his job is killing things (in this case, weeds) and my job is making things grow (in this case fertilizing the roses and the citrus trees).

In the afternoon we drove up to Corona for the Ren Faire, where Katy is a member of the Archers' Guild. She was very excited, because she was going to shoot a cannon. We'd intended to arrive before 3, but the traffic was so bad it was nearly 3:30 by the time we got there. We had just enough time to greet her and Josh and get a drink before the Big Event at 4p.m. It was pretty cool. After the sixth time, I managed not to jump at the sound of the boom.

It was really windy, so I decided to get my hair braided.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It looked pretty good, I think, but after a while it started to bug me, so I took it out after we got home.

Katy had been raving about the yarn shop, so I stopped there. They had some lovely sari silk, and I bought a skein. The colours are so vibrant, I'm afraid this photo just doesn't do them justice.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I need more yarn like a hole in my head, but this is soooo gorgeous. Don't know yet what I'm going to make with it, but probably something very simple to show off the yarn.

The Stanley Cup finals start tomorrow. The first game is in Anaheim, and Tod is trying to get tickets for us. He's been monitoring eBay for several hours now. It would be great if we could go, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...