18 July 2007

Lahaina

We arrived in Lahaina late Sunday afternoon. We are staying in a condo (both here and Kauai). I agreed to this on the condition that I wouldn't be expected to be chief cook and bottle-washer. So far, it's working pretty well.

Sunday and Monday were fairly quiet, get-acclimated days. We were waking up and going to sleep pretty early. It's getting better now. Tuesday, we went jet-skiing in Wailea. I'm pretty proud of myself. Five years ago I would have been too afraid to do something like that. Yesterday, not only did I go jet-skiing, I drove for a while. It wasn't bad, though I couldn't get as excited about it as the girls did. Going around in circles got a little old after about 20 minutes or so.

Today, we went to the top of Mount Haleakala. We climbed from sea level to 10,000 feet in the course of an hour. I was a little breathless at the top, but I managed to remain vertical. Gorgeous views from the top!

I'm having a great time! The week is going waaaay too fast, though!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The beach near our condo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...