14 February 2008

Just finished reading...

T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton.

Kinsey Millhone is back. It seems a long time since I've last seen her. I looked up the pub date of S is for Silence,
and found it was released in December 2005, so I guess I was right.

It's 1987, and Kinsey's elderly neighbour Gus Vronsky has had a fall and been hospitalized. Kinsey manages to track down his great-great-niece who lives in New York. She flies out to Santa Teresa and hires a home-aide, charging Kinsey with the responsibility of checking her references, telling her that only a basic check is necessary.

Busy with other cases, Kinsey does as she's asked. But Solana, the woman they've hired, turns out not to be as expected.

Great characterization here. Kinsey's life, while never boring, is particularly action-packed in this installment. I was a little disappointed with the ending, but that may just have been because I read the whole book in one day, and it was so enjoyable that having to stop was a let-down.

By the way, I was listening to the Lion Brands Yarn Podcast earlier today, and they were interviewing Sue Grafton, who is apparently a dedicated knitter. I thought that was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...