17 April 2008

Just finished reading...

The Silver Needle Murder by Laura Childs.

I hadn't realized that Childs was up to her ninth Tea Shop Mystery, but apparently she is. It even says so on the title page (which I would provide a link to if I could find one, but I can't).

It's the first Charleston Film Festival, and the Indigo Tea Shop is busy hosting their special events. But at the opening event, a famous director is killed. When one of the judges quits as a result, Theodosia is "asked" to fill in, and investigate the murder at the same time.

She doesn't know how she will investigate, judge a film competition, attend red-carpet events, and run her tea shop, all at the same time, but vows to try. Being so busy, and with a lot of roadblocks and red herrings thrown in her way she stumbles on the killer's identity by quite by accident.

The story starts a little slowly, but becomes more engrossing as it progresses.

Childs also writes the Scrapbooking Mysteries, and has a new series set in a small-town cafe called the Cackleberry Club to be released in December.

2 comments:

  1. Scrapbooking Mysteries are set New Orleans....I love the Tea Shop mysteries, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be the only other person I've met in years who knows of Laura Childs' books. I have the first 2, but they don't seem to have really caught my interest. I like Susan Wittig Albert's herb-related stories, and Monica Ferris' yarn shop tales.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...