07 April 2009

Being a librarian

Because the City of Long Beach is having budget problems (is there a city in the US that isn't), we substitute librarians aren't getting much work. Six months ago, I could work 20-25 hours a week, if I wished. I worked 5 hours last Saturday, my first shift since well before I left for Hawai'i.
I'm luckier than many people, since my husband has a good job, but it's very difficult for me to not be bringing home any paycheque at all.
I am looking around for additional work, but since most places are in the same financial straits, there just isn't much out there.

Don't worry, the complaining is over. I read Unshelved every day, and just had to post today's comic, because it expresses just how I feel.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...