13 May 2009

On poetry

I was listening to the NYT Book Review podcast earlier today, and they were talking about John Updike's poetry. I'm not a big fan of his novels (he is such a misogynist!) but I may just check out his poetry.

When I was an angst-ridden teenager, I wrote a lot of poetry, as angst-ridden teens are wont to do. I was told by my teachers and others that some of it was very good, but the poems that they singled out were not the ones that I thought were my best.

I haven't written poetry since I left my teens, although I still read it occasionally. (I guess I've been exercising my creativity in other ways, like photography and knitting.)

I'm not so angst-ridden now, but I'm thinking I might try my hand at writing some poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...