07 August 2012

Teen Tuesday - Coming soon*

*A selected list of books to be released in August and September.

The Dead Girls Detective Agency by Suzy Cox (HarperTeen paperback, 18 September 2012).

Pop quiz: What would you do if you had to solve your own murder to get anywhere in death?

Maybe if I hadn't slept through my alarm, slammed into Kristin—my high school's reigning mean
girl—or stepped in a puddle, destroying my mom's new suede DVF boots (which I borrowed without asking), I wouldn't have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, and I wouldn't have been pushed in front of that arriving train. But I did, and I was.
When I came to, I was informed by a group of girls that I'm dead. And that because I died under mysterious circumstances, I can't pass straight over to the Other Side. But at least I'm not alone. Meet the Dead Girls Detective Agency: Nancy, Lorna, and Tess—not to mention Edison, the really cute if slightly hostile dead boy. Apparently, the only way out of this limbo is to figure out who killed me, or I'll have to spend eternity playing Nancy Drew. Considering I was fairly invisible in life, who could hate me enough to want me dead? And what if my murderer is someone I never would have suspected?


Fang Girl by Helen Keeble (HarperTeen paperback, 11 September 2012).

Things That Are Destroying Jane Greene’s Undead Social Life Before It Can Even Begin:
1) A twelve-year-old brother who’s convinced she’s a zombie.
2) Parents who are begging her to turn them into vampires.
3) The pet goldfish she accidentally turns instead.
4) Weird superpowers that let her rip the heads off of every other vampire she meets.(Sounds cool, but it doesn’t win you many friends.)
5) A pyschotic vampire creator who’s using her to carry out a plan for world domination.
And finally:6) A seriously ripped vampire hunter who either wants to stake her or make out with her. Not sure which.

Being an undead, eternally pasty fifteen-year-old isn’t quite the sexy, brooding, angst-fest Jane always imagined....


 Personal Effects by E.M. Kokie (Candlewick Press hardcover, 11 September 2012).

Ever since his brother, T.J., was killed in Iraq, Matt feels like he’s been sleepwalking through life -- failing classes, getting into fights, and avoiding his dad’s lectures about following in his brother’s footsteps.
T.J.’s gone, but Matt can’t shake the feeling that if only he could get his hands on his brother’s stuff from Iraq, he’d be able to make sense of his death.
But as Matt searches for answers about T.J.’s death, he faces a shocking revelation about T.J.’s life that suggests he may not have known T.J. as well as he thought. What he learns challenges him to stand up to his father, honor his brother’s memory, and take charge of his own life.


Two or Three Things I Forgot to Tell You by Joyce Carol Oates (HarperTeen hardcover, 21 August 2012).

The girls of Tink, Inc., are: Merissa (“The Perfect One”), Nadia (“The Slut”), and, until last summer, Tink.
Senior year, their last year together, Merissa and Nadia need Tink more than they ever did before. They each have secrets they could share with no one but her, secrets that have become toxic and that threaten to unravel their friendship—and themselves. Tink had a secret, too, a big one, but no one knows what it was. And now she’s gone.
Then, the girls hear Tink, whispering to them. Sometimes, the girls feel Tink, trying to tell them something....



Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson (Little Brown Teens hardcover, 24 September, 2012).

On the night Malcolm and Maud Angel are murdered, Tandy Angel knows just three things:
1) She was the last person to see her parents alive.
2) The police have no suspects besides Tandy and her three siblings.
3) She can't trust anyone-maybe not even herself.
Having grown up under Malcolm and Maud's intense perfectionist demands, no child comes away
undamaged. Tandy decides that she will have to clear the family name, but digging deeper into her powerful parents' affairs is a dangerous-and revealing-game. Who knows what the Angels are truly capable of?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...