So, here are what I think might make the best gifts for people like you and me.
- The Elementals by Francesca Lia Block (St. Martin's hardcover, $24.99)*
- City of Dark Magic by Magnus Flyte (Penguin trade paperback, $16.00)
- Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness (Viking hardcover, $28.95)
- This Case is Gonna Kill Me by Phillipa Bornikova (Tor trade paperback, $14.99)*
- Broken Harbor by Tana French (Viking hardcover, $27.95)
- Sacrifice Fly by Tim O'Meara (Minotaur hardcover, $24.99) *
- The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny (Minotaur hardcover, $25.99)
- Valley of Ashes by Cornelia Read (Hachette hardcover, $24.99)
- The Other Woman by Hank Philippi Ryan (Forge hardcover, $24.99)
- Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan (Farrar, Strauss and Giroux hardcover, $25.00)*
- The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh (Ballantine trade paperback, $15.00)
- The Inn at Rose Harbor by Debbie Macomber (Ballantine hardcover, $26.00)
- Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple (Little, Brown hardcover, $25.99)*
- Ten Girls to Watch by Charity Shumway (Washington Square Press trade paperback, $15.00)
*These are on my list, too!