- Kingdom of Little Wounds by Susann Cokal (Candlewick Press hardcover, 8 October 2013).
- The Golden Day by Ursula Dubosarsky (Candlewick Press hardcover, 6 August 2013).
- Maggot Moon by Sally Gardner (Candlewick Press hardcover, 12 February 2013).
- Reality Boy by A.S. King (Little, Brown hardcover, 22 October 2013).
- Hostage Three by Nick Lake (Bloomsbury hardcover, 12 November 2013).
- Far, Far Away by Tom McNeal (Knopf hardcover, 11 June 2013).
- Sex & Violence by Carrie Mesrobian (Carolrhoda Lab hardcover, 1 October 2013).
- The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle (Amulet hardcover, 1 August 2013).
- Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick ( Little, Brown hardcover, 13 August 2013).
- Picture Me Gone by Meg Rosoff (Putnam hardcover, 3 October 2013).
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (St. Martin's Griffin hardcover, 26 February, 2013).
- The War Within These Walls by Aline Sax (Eerdmans hardcover, 1 October 2013).
- Midwinter Blood by Marcus Sedgwick (Roaring Brook hardcover, 5 February 2013).
- Winger by Andrew Smith (Simon & Schuster hardcover, 14 May 2013).
- Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein (Hyperion hardcover, 10 September 2013).
- The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr (Little, Brown hardcover, 7 May 2013).
12 November 2013
Publishers Weekly has released their "Best Children's Books" list for 2013. The fiction list includes both children's and young adult literature, but my list below only includes the teen fiction titles. (Listed alphabetically by author.)