13 October 2006

I'm still here

I just realized it's been a while since my last post.
I had cataract surgery on October 3rd, so hadn't been reading any books for a few days. The vision in my right eye has improved tremendously. Went to the surgeon yesterday for a follow-up, and she was very impressed. She says it should only get better. I'm kind of hoping now that my left eye gets bad enough so that they'll do it soon.

Just before the surgery, I finished Michelle Scott's Murder by the Glass. The second of her Wine Lover's Mysteries, it's an enjoyable enough read, but Scott tends to use a lot of slang and colloquialisms, not only in the dialogue, but in the narrative, which to me is a little annoying.

Also just finished Shamus in the Green Room, Susan Kandel's latest Cece Caruso mystery. I quite like Cece, she's got a lot of chutzpah. In this outing, she's hired to help an actor study up on Dashiell Hammett in preparation for playing him in a movie, but ends up involved in his personal life when he asks her to go with him to identify a body.

Currently, I'm reading The Right Attitude to Rain, the newest Isabel Dalhousie novel by Alexander McCall Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...