22 December 2006

Just finished reading...

Knitting: a novel by Anne Bartlett

Knitting as an analogy for life....


This book was on my Amazon recommended list, and it sounded intriguing (plus it was on the library shelves) so I picked it up. I'm not sure if it was what I expected or not.

It's the story of Sandra Fildes and Martha McKenzie. Sandra is a recent widow, and Martha has been one for many years. Sandra is a professor who focusses on textiles in history. Martha is a knitter. They meet when they both stop to help a man who has collapsed in the mall.

Martha has been hired as the janitor of a church that Sandra sometimes attends, their paths just keep crossing, and they slowly become friends.

This is a quiet, gentle novel, which reminds me very much of Mary Wesley's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...