01 June 2007

Just finished reading....

Passion, Betrayal and Killer Highlights by Kyra Davis.

When I read the first book in this series (Sex, Murder and a Double Latte) last month, I was really looking forward to this sequel. I was somewhat disappointed, though. Sophie still can't keep her mouth shut, and says inflammatory things at the worst times. When the police are interviewing her about her brother-in-law's murder, for example, she starts to rant about what a heel he was. And not only is she a mystery author, this is not the first actual murder she's had to deal with. I kept wanting to tell her to sit down and shut up.

Apart from that, it's just an okay book. Sophie's sister is, of course, accused of the crime, and Sophie hired her friend Anatoly to investigate. This, of course, means that Sophie gets to "help" with the investigation, which means she gets to hang out with Anatoly.

Fairly quick read, but definitely not a rush-out-and-get-right-now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...