19 June 2007

Just finished....

Some time ago, I started listening to Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay.
I uploaded it onto my iPod, intending to listen to it mostly at the gym. However, in the time since I did that, I'm ashamed to say I haven't been to the gym that much. I did listen to it in the car when I had to drive for more than a few minutes.

On my way to work today, I got through the beginning paragraphs of Chapter 23, which was getting close to the end, and certainly close to the dramatic climax of the story.

Being the patient sort I am, I found the book on the shelf at the library, and quickly zipped through the last 5 chapters. After having listened to it for so long, I found it a little difficult to transfer the voice on the tape into the words on the page, and I thought I'd just have to stop reading and go back to listening.

But after a few pages, I was hooked. Very satisfying ending, especially since my suspicions about whodunnit were realized. I'll probably pick up the second book in the series at some point...if I ever make it through my current TBR pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...