03 July 2007

So much going on...

Wow. In the past few days, I've gone to a Dodgers (vs. Padres) game, the Getty Museum, had my hair done, and done lots of shopping. Not to mention work.

Tod's Dad is visiting, and so we went to the Dodgers game and the Getty. Tomorrow, we have two different family parties to attend. This weekend, we're going to the Hollywood Bowl.

And it's incredibly hot here. It's supposed to hit 90 F in Long Beach today. This is one of those times when I wish we had central a/c. This heat is sure not conducive to knitting. I have 3 projects going right now: the chenille Chanel sweater, the lace bamboo shawl, and the sari silk shawl. My friend Melissa also talked me into signing up for a KAL group that's knitting a "mystery" stole -- pieces of the pattern are revealed every Friday for 7 (I think) weeks,until the project is finished. I'm collecting the parts of the pattern, but am not planning to actually knit it until I get at least one of my current projects finished. Haven't decided yet what I'm going to take with me to Hawaii, either.

My reading list is increasing, too. I'm almost finished Ann Brashares' The Last Summer (of You and Me) and a few chapters into The Kitchen Witch by Annette Blair. Still need to read the latest Helma Zukas book by Jo Dereske, the latest Evanovich, and The Sonnet Lover by Carol Goodman before we leave for vacation on the 15th....

Thanks to all the posts from the mystery stole KAL, I've been checking out quite a few blogs, and have found some fun timewasters, like Blogthings. I especially enjoyed the "What happened the year you were born" quiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...