08 January 2008

Just finished reading...

The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King

I first read this book when it was released in 1994, and just finished rereading it due to the possibility I might have to lead a book discussion on it. (It turned out that I won't.)

I seldom reread books anymore, except for occasions like this; not because I don't want to, but because there are too many new books to read. At present, I have 3 books checked out of the library, with two waiting on the hold shelf, as well as the 4 on the list. And my TBR pile at home fills two shelves.

I remembered Mary, and Holmes and the development of their relationship. I remembered Mary's lodgings in Oxford. But I remembered very little of the actual plot, neither the identity of the villain nor the conclusion of the book. It was almost like reading a new book, and I loved it just as much as I think I did the first time I read it.

King is an amazing writer, and her characters are almost alive and breathing. I remember feeling the same way about her last Kate Martinelli book, The Art of Detection. And I've become so involved in the tale of Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes that I plan to reread the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...