11 January 2008

Oh, my poor Leafs!

The Toronto Maple Leafs came to Southern California this week for the first time since 2003. I don't know what I was doing when they were here last, but I'd just started dating Tod around then, so that's no surprise.

Amyway, when I found out they were going to be here, I was very excited. My DH got tickets for the Ducks game, which was Wednesday night. Did I mention I was excited? We got to the Pond (oops, I mean, Honda Center) early enough to watch the warm-up, and managed to get pretty close to the glass. Tod had the new camera I gave him for Christmas, and he got some great shots.
Photobucket

However, the Leafs played as if they'd never seen a puck before. It was embarrassing. They even let the Ducks provoke them into a few fights. Wade Belak got a 5-for-fighting and a 10-minute misconduct.
Photobucket

By the middle of the third period, a lot of the people in Leafs' jerseys had left. I managed to stick it out till about the last five minutes, but by then couldn't stand it anymore and we left.
Photobucket

I had much higher hopes for the LA game last night. The Kings are, after all, at the bottom of the league. And if the predators could trounce them, surely .... By the middle of the second period, I was just hoping the Leafs would score.
Thankfully, they did. And (I know this sounds a bit Pollyanna-ish, but it's true) it was just soooo cool to see the Leafs play in real life!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...