23 October 2008

Just finished reading...

Free-Range Knitter by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.

I was fortunate enough to receive a copy of the Yarn Harlot's latest collection of essays from Library Thing.

What a charming little book. It contains things like a letter to the designer of a sweater pattern that just doesn't work, emails to a customer service representative from a yarn company, affectionate reminiscences of friends, relatives and acquatances who are knitters, and not-so-affectionate reminiscences of cheap acrylic yarn.

I love Pearl-McPhee's writing. She's really good at it, and I admire and envy her so much. Until I read her descriptions of what she goes through on book tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...