25 February 2009

A rant

I know that Orange County residents lean heavily towards the right. I saw the pro-Prop 8 signs on some of our neighbours' lawns last fall.

But when I read this article in the L.A. Times this morning, I was upset. No, make that horrified to the point of stuttering. It appalls me that the mayor of the city that I live appears to be an ignorant bigot.

I did a little bit of research on him, and found this biography from his website for the 2006 election. He appears to be a well-informed individual. He was Public Information Officer for the Community College District, for goodness' sake! Surely that would have educated him to some extent about sensitivity.

He apparently has apologized to the recipient of the email, but I think a more
general apology is required.

At least I can console myself with the fact that I didn't vote for him.

1 comment:

  1. It makes you wonder how they get elected to office, doesn't it. Don't you think it should be a requirement to at least have a open mind? So totally against taking away rights.

    Dottie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...