03 December 2009

Just finished reading...

Margarita Nights by Phyllis Smallman.

Phyllis Smallman was kind enough to send me a copy of Margarita Nights, and I'm so glad she did! This was definitely a read-all-at-once book, which I did while on my Thanksgiving vacation last week.

I was feeling a bit sniffly, and it was a good excuse to retire early, but stay up waaay too late.

Sherri Travis describes herself as "white trash" (which is really just a persona she adopts when she doesn't want people to see how smart she really is). She tends bar at the upscale Sunset in Jacaranda, a small town in Florida, a job she's happy with because she can play golf during the day. When she hears that her estranged husand's boat has exploded with him on board, Sherri is at work, but a witness claims she was on the boat shortly before it blew up.

Sherri knows she is innocent; in fact, she's convinced that Jimmy blew up the boat and absconded to escape creditors. Since she's the prime subject, she has a lot to gain by proving her theory, and she sets out to do so.

Accompanying Sherri on her quest to discover what Jimmy was involved in is intriguing, interesting and ranges from hilarious to heart-wrenching. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel, Sex in a Sidecar, published just last month.

1 comment:

  1. wow- You put me to shame. I don't think I have read a book outside of a text book, self help or business book in years. Any recommendations for a guy who likes Sci-fy and/or mystery and suspense? (thats not 1000 pgs lol)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...