18 January 2010

Leek and mushroom tart

Since I've been getting Farm Fresh to You deliveries, I've been enjoying discovering new recipes to use the surprise produce I get.

Last week's box had leeks, mushrooms, green leaf lettuce, cucumbers, potatoes, apples and oranges. I made potato-leek soup one night, and served it with a lettuce, mushroom and cucumber salad.

Tonight, I wanted something other than soup, and after a Google search, I found this fantastic blog and an easy recipe for leek tart with gruyere and prosciutto. I had some puff pastry in the freezer, so all I needed was some gruyere cheese. After a quick run to the market (where I got Swiss cheese instead of the gruyere which was over $2o/lb.), I came home and got to work.

I had decided that I wanted to include mushrooms in the tart, so I chopped up some of those and sauteed them with the leeks. (Thinking I had some prosciutto, I didn't pick any up, but I was wrong, so I just left it out.)

While the tart was in the oven, I threw together a simple salad of lettuce, cucumbers and tomato (which I'd also grabbed at the store).

The tart was so pretty I had to take a photo, which led me to do this blog post.
From Blogger Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...