30 August 2011

Paris -- Day five

Yesterday was pretty much a bust for me, so I'm just going to ignore it.

Today was somewhat better. In the morning, Tod went to the Louvre again while I attempted to go shopping. After unsuccessfully attempting to spend my money for a couple of hours, I decided to have some tea (and somehow a marvelous chocolate macaron jumped onto my plate).

Returned to the room and sneaked a short nap until Tod returned. Then we went to lunch on the way to the Pantheon. Lunch was at a cute little Mexican restaurant


which unfortunately had very forgettable food.

One of the wonderful things about this city is that there is art everywhere:


We saw this on the way to the Pantheon.

I won't bother with the history of the Pantheon; it's easy to look up. I hadn't known, though, about the crypts under the building. Both Curies are there, along with several important figures in Paris' history. I made a point of visiting Alexandre Dumas, Victor Hugo and Emile Zola. Surprisingly, it was too crowded for me to get any photos.

I'm particularly proud of the fact that I was able To climb the 200+ steps to the top of the building (yes, I have proof!):



Tuesday, day six, we plan to finish Musee d'Orsay in the morning. In the afternoon we board the ship for our river cruise.

Squee!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Rue de Buci, Paris,France

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...