25 October 2007

Just finished reading...

Me and Mr. Darcy by Alexandra Potter.

First, I have to say that I really, really hate the cover of this book. It has nothing to do with the story at all.

Second, I have to say that I'm not really sure how I feel about this book. Our heroine, Emily Albright takes a tour of Jane Austen's England (in December!!!!!) to avoid a trip to Mexico with a friend. Well, I suppose if you live in New York, you don't mind an English winter as much as someone who lives in Southern California. Anyway, she finds that her tour companions are elderly ladies, except for one, a male journalist named Spike(!?), whom she dislikes on first sight. (Sound familiar?)

The parallels between this book and Pride and Prejudice are, to me, much too heavy-handed , but other reviews I've read have liked that aspect of it. Despite this, I did enjoy the book.

Next up: An Ice Cold Grave by Charlaine Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and reading my blog. I do read all comments, and try to respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...