I recently broke down and joined Facebook, and discovered a lot of friends and acquaintances were already in residence.
Toni tagged me in the Sixteen Random Things About Me meme, and I thought answering it would be a good way to start the New Year, so here's my list.
1. My favourite colour is purple.
2. I prefer to use Canadian/British spellings.
3. I am lactose-intolerant.
4. I have a wonderful memory for trivia, but can't remember important things like where I left my favourite sweater.
5. Toni's list reminded me that I, too, own a tribble. It's hanging from a magnet on my refrigerator.
6. People tell me I have a beautiful smile, but I just think it's goofy.
7. I'm not a big fan of the feline species, but I dote on our family's cat Nacht.
8. I can recite a good portion of the movie "The Princess Bride" from memory.
9. Contrary to all evidence, I'm not a pack-rat.
10. Thinking of sixteen random tidbits of information about myself that are not completely uninteresting is hard.
11. Although I grew up in Edmonton, I'm not really an Oilers fan. I prefer the Toronto Maple Leafs.
12. I really, really, really hate being cold.
13. I miss being a children's librarian, because I love to perform stories.
14. After divorcing my first husband, I never expected to be married again.
15. I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you decide to do this meme, please let me know. I'd love to read your list.
16. Happy New Year!!!